Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Panera Bread

This was a really difficult topic to write about because I really couldn't think of an organization that really displays their values and makes them know to the public. I think this is because that is a HUGE risk. If a company goes out and says "we value lower prices and high quality" they are going to have to stick to that or else it will be thrown in their faces. So after I combed my brain for an organization that not only preaches their values, but sticks to them as well, I came up with Panera Bread. I have worked at Panera for a little under four years! In the first week I was hired I had to go to a orientation called Planet Bread. It sounds corny and it totally is, but they made sure each new associate knew what Panera stood for. They went through the core values of the Panera coorperation, which were mainly about quality of food and service, and making sure the customer had a pleasant experience each visit. I realize every company probably has the same policy of the customer is always right, but I think Panera goes above and beyond that sometimes. When I'm eating at a Panera, probably 95% of the time I am greated with a smile and an associate who seems interested in upholding quality. That is a lot more than I would say I have any place else. I know Panera doesn't usually have commercials on TV but I think they still have a good way of expressing their values to their customers, They right their core values on the side of every bag, which I think is bold because nearly every customer will see that. I also thing they create an atmoshere where you can tell quality is first as is the customer. Most people I know don't speak so highly of a company they have worked for because once they are on the other side, they find out these values are fake and insincere. I have found that Panera is a great company that is everything they say they are.

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome to hear about something that Panera Bread does "behind the scenes" to ensure that their associates are aware of their mission. Although I can certainly tell that this company has evident values, I definitely respect even mroe now that you have brought this up. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete